Welcome to Gluten Free and Still Eating

After going gluten free October 29th 2009 the search was on for anything and everything gluten free. Hours of reading blogs, reviews, articles and even Yahoo!Answers has led me to find a wide selection of things gluten free. I've decided to create this blog to help other people find out about the amazing products I have stumbled upon. I am also open for your reviews of a product, restaurant, hotel/resort or suggestions to something new! I'm sure there are thousands of products that are out there, waiting to be discovered!


















Mrs Leepers Corn Pasta

I have been eating President's Choice Pad Thai noodles as my substitute for any noodle dish, whether it be spaghetti, mac and cheese or what they are actually meant for, pad thai.  I had tried various brands of gluten free pastas and had never been satisfied.  The pad thai noodles were the closest thing taste wise to regular pasta.  Last week I noticed Mrs. Leeper's Elbow Corn Pasta at my local Great Canadian Superstore (they have the best selection of gluten free products).  I snatched up a package which sat on my shelf for the last week until I had the craving for some mac and cheese yesterday.  8 minutes later I was in my glory!  The pasta looks, tastes and smells like regular pasta!  I couldn't have been more pleased.  After googling the website, Mr's Leepers carries a variety of pastas as well as pre-packaged mixes (like hamburger helper) and they are all gluten free!  My next trip to the grocery store will include a chat with the health food ailse guy (my new buddy) to ask if they can carry all of the products.
Mrs. Leeper's products can be ordered via their website

3 comments:

  1. My man discovered he had Celiac's about 3 years ago and i love that you are featuring great gluten-free items! Thanks and keep up the good work! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sending some feedback!! I will be adding new products periodically. Does your boyfriend have any products he can't live without?

    ReplyDelete
  3. he absolutely loves Kettle Brand Potato Chips you can get big bags at Wal-Mart and i have found the snack size bags at most convenience store locations in our area. http://www.kettlefoods.com/ great tasting and totally not obviously gluten-free! =0)

    ReplyDelete